"To protect life and property from the risk of fire, through excellent service, fire safety regulations and standards."
We provide fire alarm installation, maintenance and design, please call for a free quotation with in Greater London. Here is some basic information on grades and life protection categories. Six different grades of fire detection systems are defined and - generally speaking – the greater the fire risk the more sophisticated the system should be.
Grades are as follows:
• A full system with control and indicating equipment installed to BS 5839: Part 1
• Detectors and sounders using simpler specified equipment
• Detectors and sounders or alarms with central control
• Mains powered alarms with an integral stand-by power supply
• Mains powered alarms with no stand-by power supply
• Battery powered alarms
Three different categories of life protection systems are defined. Briefly these are (starting at the highest):
• Alarms in all circulation spaces that form part of escape routes and all areas where a fire might start, but not bathrooms, shower rooms or toilets
• Alarms in all circulation spaces that form part of escape routes and rooms or areas that present a high fire risk
• Alarms in circulation spaces that form part of escape routes
BS 5839: Part 6: 2004 emphasizes that no:
One type of alarm is most suitable for all applications. Consideration must be given to the most suitable type of detection - optical, ionisation and heat.
Do you want to remove your property's vulnerabilities to fire? Call today
020 7498 6666
If you are doubtful of your fire detection and extinguishing equipment, speak to the experts All Our Engineers are very experienced in Fire alarm design, servicing and installation.
We are proud of our affordable and competitive pricing in all aspects of our service we provide to you.
It is essential that your Fire Alarm system is serviced at regular intervals to ensure that any faults are identified and preventative measures can be taken to ensure the continued reliability of the system. We also offer a FREE QUOTATION and price match guarantee.
Please don’t hesitate to call us for more information.